QuickBooks is an accounting software that has gained popularity due to its prominent features and easy-to-use interface. However, the package comes in with some issues too. One such error triggers a text saying QuickBooks Not Loading Company File. This may result in the malfunctioning of your application. To resolve this issue, read our blog till the end.
We realise that handling this on your own might get a little tricky for you, which is why we have a team of professionals to guide you through the process. Get in touch at 1.800.579.0391.
- Ensure that you are using the latest QuickBooks.
- When you open your QuickBooks, hold your Ctrl key
- If the application does not open, it is confirmed that the issue lies within the program.
- If it opens-
a. Click on Files.
b. Select Utilities.
c. Select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
d. Your software should work well now.
Why do I see the error QuickBooks Not Loading Company File?
There are several reasons for this error to arise. These are listed below-
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks.
- Outdated QuickBooks application.
- The same file is being operated in a shared network.
- Using unreliable methods to access specific files.
How can I resolve the error QuickBooks Not Loading Company Files?
We have curated straightforward solutions to remove this error from your system. Read carefully-
Method 1: Stop auto-start of QuickBooks Windows.
- Navigate to No Company Open window.
- Locate your Company file.
- Hold Alt key on your keyboard.
- Hit Open.
- If the file opens-
a. Move to Edit.
b. Select Preferences.
c. Click Desktop View.
d. Select Don’t Save on Desktop.
e. Hit OK.
Method 2: Rename the File Extensions.
- Access your QuickBooks Company File Location.
- Right-click on Transaction Log File and rename it to (CompanyFileName)OLD.qbw.TLG.
- Open Company File.
- Files with the .tlg and .nd extensions will be created automatically.
- Do not delete these files in the future.
Method 3: Switch the location of Company File.
- In Drive C:, create a new folder.
- Access QuickBooks File Folder Location.
- Hold Ctrl key on your keyboard.
- Select the Company File.
- Right-click and Copy.
- Move to new folder and Hit Paste.
Method 4: Verify the File Extension.
- Open QuickBooks Folder Location.
- Right-click on Company File and Properties.
- Check if the file Type is QuickBooks Company File and size is minimum 7mb.
- Select Advanced.
- Check if Compress and Encrypt options are selected.
- Hit OK.
Method 5: Fix the installation
- Move your Company File to a different device and try accessing it.
- If it runs normally-
a. Then your previous device has some issues.
b. Or, your QuickBooks was not installed properly.
- Run QuickBooks Install Tool
- Repair the install.
- Run a Clean Install.
We would like to conclude this blog, hoping to resolve the error QuickBooks Not Loading Company File for you. If you have started using the application recently, we recommend you get in touch with our pro-advisor at 1.800.579.0391 to avoid further damage to your system.