The QuickBooks error 6010 is related to the company file issue. It is usually encountered on your screen when trying to access the company file. The reasons for this specific error can be vast. As a result, we will only look at the most usual reasons which it can arise. In addition, we have also focused on two different ways to resolve the issue. Thus, read the complete article until the end and acquire a better understanding.
Got into trouble due to the QuickBooks data file error 6010? Now, you can take direct assistance from the team of certified experts at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784.
What Provokes the Company File Error Message 6010 in QuickBooks?
You can come across the issue due to several reasons. Let us take a look at the following pointers briefly-
- There might have been some issues with the installation of your QuickBooks Desktop, like corrupted installation or even incomplete installation.
- The damage to the network data file can also cause the error.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error ps101
What are the Two Ways Through Which I Can Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 6010?
Have you been looking for different troubleshooting methods to get through the issue but could not find any? Perform the following mentioned solutions-
SOLUTION 1: Perform the Re-Installation Of Your Version of the QuickBooks Desktop
- Before re-installation, go to the Control Panel to delete the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Hit ‘Programs and Features’ or the ‘Uninstall a Program’.
- When the list of applications is visible to you, opt for the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, click on the ‘Uninstall/Change’ option, ‘Remove’, and then ‘Next’.
- Now, again, install the same version of the QuickBooks program.
- After downloading the ‘QuickBooks.exe’ file, save it.
- To begin the installation, run the downloaded file.
- Move ahead according to the on-screen prompted instructions and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Hit the ‘Next’ button and type in the product details along with the license number.
- Tap ‘Next’ to choose the ideal install type for your QuickBooks.
- After selecting, tap ‘Next’ and ‘Install’.
- At last, run QuickBooks and activate it.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6129
SOLUTION 2: Make Modifications in the Network Data File
- You must navigate to the location of the company file folder first.
- When you open the folder, a list of files will appear on the screen.
- Look for the file consisting of the .ND extension and having the exact same name as your data file.
- In the next step, right-click on the file and tap on the ‘Rename’ option.
- To edit its name, add ‘.OLD’ at the extreme end of the file name.
- Save the new name by hitting the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard.
- In the final step, try to run your data file.
With this final method, we would like to conclude the article here. We suppose that by now, you must have had a clear idea about the QuickBooks error 6010. However, if a circumstance arises where you cannot fix the issue, at that moment, dial our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 and speak to one of the pro advisors for quick help. Our experts will guide you till you rectify the issue entirely.
You may read also : QuickBooks Keeps Crashing