Damaged QuickBooks is one of the most frustrating issue a user can face. If QuickBooks Desktop installation gets damaged, then users can neither access the company data nor they can open QuickBooks to see what exactly is causing the issue. Moreover, a corrupt QuickBooks Desktop program can also causes the Windows operating system to crash and in rare instances it can cause a complete data loss. Due to all these complications that a damaged QuickBooks Desktop can trigger, it becomes quite crucial to repair QuickBooks Desktop on an immediate basis. Here in this article, we will be discussing 3 easy to follow procedures to repair damaged QuickBooks programs and common reasons that cause the damage in the application so that you can avoid such problems when you start using QuickBooks again.
Users looking for direct assistance from QuickBooks Desktop experts for troubleshooting related help can dial 855-856-0042.
WHAT POSSIBLY CAN CAUSE DAMAGE IN QUICKBOOKS DESKTOP?
Several reasons account for the damage in the QuickBooks Desktop application and down below we are going to list the most common reasons for you:
- Incomplete installation of the QuickBooks Desktop application is one of the most common cause for such issues to appear on both Mac and Windows computers.
- Damage done to the QuickBooks and Windows installation file by a virus or a malware.
- Registry errors in Windows is also a reason that can cause damage in the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Read More | QuickBooks Restore failed
Top 3 Solutions to Repair Damaged QuickBooks Desktop
Solution 1: Run a Full System Scan to Detect and Remove any possible infections
If you are having an external antivirus or antimalware installed, then run a full system scan to remove any infections from the system. If you don’t have any third-party security app, then you can also use Windows built-in antivirus i.e., Windows Defender to complete the step.
Read More | QuickBooks error 6000 301
Solution 2: Repair Damaged Windows Registry
There are several registry repair tools available online that you can use to run a scan of your registry and if there is damage found, you can run the same tool to repair the damage. Just make sure to take a backup of the registry before running any registry repair tool.
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop and download QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s website.
- Open the downloads of your computer and run the QuickBooks Tool Hub set up file.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Run QuickBooks Clean Install Too from the Installation Issues tab from the left pane.
- Follow the instructions as they appear on the screen.
- Once you have reinstalled QuickBooks try to perform the same action that was causing the errors earlier.
Hopefully, following the solutions mentioned in this blog will help you repair QuickBooks Desktop and in case if the issue is still not resolved, then we suggest you get in touch with a QuickBooks Desktop expert by dialing 855-856-0042.