QuickBooks Payroll is one such feature that enables you to manage the payroll activities of the business easily. Like any other feature, it is important to keep the Payroll feature updated to the latest release. By doing so, you can experience the advanced and top-notch features of the QB payroll. But at times, users might get stuck with QuickBooks Update Error 15212 while downloading payroll or QuickBooks Updates. You might also encounter the error if you are using the outdated version of QB Desktop you won’t be able to update the QuickBooks Payroll software. The error message pops up with any one of the following error messages that states:
- “The payroll update did not complete successfully. Please try again. You must successfully download the update by the deadline displayed in the Get Updates window.”
- “The QuickBooks update did not complete successfully.”
- “The payroll update did not complete successfully. The location for the shared download is not accessible.”
Once you encounter the error, it could be quite difficult for the users to access the latest features of the QuickBooks application. In this blog, we have discussed the causes that might lead to the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15212 along with the solutions to fix it.
To learn more about the QuickBooks Update Error 15212, you must get in touch with our experts. For that, simply give us a call at the toll-free number +1(855)-856-0053 and get assistance from the QuickBooks Professionals team within the shortest time span.
Reasons that Might Evoke QuickBooks Payroll Error 15212
Older version of the QuickBooks Desktop is one of the reasons that might lead to QuickBooks Payroll Error 15212. Some other reasons for the error are explained below, go through them:
- It could happen if the shared update download location is connected to a drive that is presently not available.
- Sometimes, it might occur when you try to open a data file from an unmapped location while the shared download location is deactivated.
- Insufficient disk space in the hard drive or at a remote download location may also be responsible.
Quick Troubleshooting Solutions To Rectify QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15212
Now that you are well aware of the reasons for the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15212, you can try certain solutions to resolve the error. Below we have listed some of the easy solutions using which you can fix the error hassle-free.
Solution 1: Get The Latest Updates For QuickBooks Desktop
Using the older version of the QuickBooks Desktop is one of the reasons that might trigger the QuickBooks Update Error 15212. Therefore, it is necessary that you must keep the QB Desktop updated. If you haven’t updated the QB to the latest release, then go through the steps below:
- To begin with, select the Help menu and then tap on the Update QuickBooks option.
- Moving ahead, choose the Options tab.
- Now, for the Shared Download, click on the No option > Save > Close.
- In the end, try to update the QB once again to check whether the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Switch To Safe Mode To Download The Update:-
- Select the Windows Start icon and then you need to hold the Shift key.
- Tap on the Power icon followed by the Restart option.
- Subsequently, go to the Troubleshoot option and then select the Advanced options.
- Now, you are required to restart after clicking on the Startup Settings.
- Switch to the Safe Mode with Networking once your PC is turned on.
- If prompted, login to your PC with correct admin credentials, click on the QB icon and choose the Run As Administrator option.
- Thereafter, click on the QuickBooks Help menu and then tap on the Update QB Desktop option.
- Go to the Options tab, click Mark All > Save and then ensure that you have selected the checkbox of Reset Update Checkbox. Further, select the Get Updates option.
We hope that now you can easily fix the QuickBooks Update Error 15212 using the solutions listed above in this blog. If you are still facing any issue while resolving the issue, then you can contact our experts by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-856-0053.