As we all know, the company file in QuickBooks is one of the essential parts that help you store all your organization’s important data. A QuickBooks account can have multiple company files. As a result, sometimes, it can be challenging to manage all of them together. In order to operate the data files effortlessly and systematically, in this article, we are going to explain how to merge company files. Make sure to go through the blog until the end for a better understanding.
If you are unable to sync company files, directly dial 1.800.579.0391 and speak to our technical assistance team at Toll-Free for help.
Points to Note Before Combining the QuickBooks Company Files
Before merging company files, make sure you refer to the points that we have discussed below in this section-
- You must ensure that the reports you make must have similar names and types.
- You might also need to sign in to the file and turn on the multi-user mode.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6094
The Procedure of Merging Company Files in QuickBooks Explained
Are there any obstacles coming your way while performing the process of merging data files? Then you should have a look at the methods we have given. If you cannot do it manually, try to use the QB feature-
SOLUTION 1: Try Exporting the Reports Manually
- The first step is to launch your QuickBooks Desktop and go to the company file to export.
- Make a report for the company file, and then you must export this file to an excel worksheet.
- Select the worksheet and store it on your system. You can save it to a location where you can find it easily.
- Re-run QuickBooks and choose another company file to make a similar report.
- Now, repeat the same steps as earlier; that is, export the report to a new sheet and then save it where you saved the former report.
- Next, go to Microsoft Excel and workbook.
- Merge both the created reports to a new Excel worksheet.
- Once done, save it.
Alternatively, you can use one of the features from QuickBooks to merge data files.
SOLUTION 2: Use QuickBooks Feature to Combine the Company Files
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop and select the ‘Reports’ menu.
- You will see many drop-down menu options, from which you must tap ‘Combine Reports from Multiple Companies’.
- Now, jump to the next data file and hit ‘Open’.
- Again, follow the 2nd and 3rd steps for another company file.
- Click on the ‘Select reports for combining’ option and choose the required reports for combining.
- Next, choose the ‘From’ and ‘To’ date range of the report.
- Click on a report basis.
- At last, click on ‘Combine Reports in Excel’.
- An Excel spreadsheet with the merged data will be displayed.
As we conclude the blog here, we hope you must have understood the complete process of combining company files. If one of them does not work, try the other way round. However, if there are some other issues, it might be a problem to perform the procedure. In that case, have a one-to-one consultation with one of our QuickBooks experts through 1.800.579.0391 and get quick guidance on How To Merge Company Files.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 12002