Newly engaged? As Wedding Coordinator, I work with couples to discover their must-haves for their big day. Here are some helpful tips and tricks to get started:
- Date: Do you have a particular time of year in mind? Clarify availability with your preferred venue.
- Venue: Think back to your favourite weddings as a guest. Did you love the location? Did guests receive excellent service? What aspects of the wedding stood out to you? This is a good starting point in deciding what you would like for your special day.
- Number of Guests: Knowing your numbers is key as it has a knock on effect on budget and chosen venue. A venue can only give you a quote with an estimate on numbers. You also need to clarify the number of guestrooms available to your wedding attendees.
- Budget: consider spend per head and put a financial plan in place. At the Woodford Dolmen we offer wedding packages for a range of budgets and party sizes.
- Packages: At the Woodford Dolmen, we offer a range of four wedding packages. All packages include reception room décor, arrivals refreshments and your main meal. Some include the use of a vintage car and a DJ offering.
- Ceremony: are you having a civil or religious ceremony? For a religious ceremony, you must take into account the distance from where your ceremony takes place to the reception venue. Civil ceremonies are a very popular choice for today’s couples. At the Woodford Dolmen Hotel, we have three ceremony suites to choose from, including our Killeshin Suite veranda for outdoor summer weddings.
- Photography: Does your preferred venue offer opportunity for outdoor photos? At the Woodford Dolmen Hotel, we can offer you captured memories riverside on the banks of the Barrow with the rolling Killeshin Hills as a backdrop.
Whether you want an intimate gathering or a larger affair, our packages cater to all needs. I will work with you as your Wedding Coordinator to ensure your wedding day is one to remember.
Happy wedding planning, lovebirds!
Author Bio: Katie McGarr is a resident writer for Woodford Dolmen Hotel Carlow, a charming hotel in Carlow set in the beautiful banks of River Barrow, renowned for their wedding-perfect location. When she’s not taking vibrant street photos, you can find her writing articles about travel, food, and lifestyle.